Frequently Asked Questions

What are the Court’s hours of operation?
Pine Ridge Municipal Court is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm and Wednesday 8:00am to 1:00pm. 

Which holidays does the Municipal Court observe?
The municipal court will be closed:

  • New Year's Day- Wednesday January 1st 2020
  • Martin Luther Ling Jr's Birthday- Monday January 20th 2020
  • Presidents Day- Monday February 17th 2020
  • Memorial Day- Monday May 25th 2020
  • Independence Day- Friday July 3rd 2020
  • Labor Day- Monday September 7th 2020
  • Veterans' Day- Wednesday November 11th 2020
  • Thanksgiving Day- Thursday November 26th 2020
  • Day After Thanksgiving- Friday November 27th 2020
  • Day Before Christmas-Thursday December 24th 2020
  • Christmas Day-Friday December 25th 2020
  • Day After Christmas- Monday December 28th 2020

What interpretation services are offered, if any?
A certified interpreter may be secured for interpreting proceedings and testimony for any party that does not understand or speak the English language or for those who are hearing impaired. To secure this service, please call the Clerk of Court’s office at (803) 755-2500 or contact us directly through email at

How do I get my driver’s license back or reinstated?
If the ticket you have received was issued by the Town of Pine Ridge Police Department, you must pay the fine at Municipal Court. The court will provide you a copy of Form DL-53.

South Carolina Drivers:
You must present in person at a local DMV Office or mail the blue copy of Form DL-53 to:

South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles
Driver Record
Post Office Box 1498
Blythewood South Carolina 29016-0028

If the compliance is not received in the Driver Records Office before the beginning date of the suspension, a $100.00 reinstatement fee will be required by the State in order for the suspension to be withdrawn.

Out of State Drivers:
You must present or mail the blue copy of Form DL-53 along with any applicable reinstatement fees to the state in which you are a licensed driver. Any questions you may have concerning reinstatement fees or driver license suspension must be directed to your home state.

Will I go to jail/ what will be my sentence?
Each case varies. Your case will be heard and evaluated based on its individual elements. Only the judge can say what [s]he will do in your particular case. You may not speak with the judge before your case is called. You must appear at your designated court date and time. Please refer to the link Court Staff Can & Cannot. If you have questions regarding your specific charge, you may contact your officer at (803) 755-2500.

Do I have an active warrant, if so, what do I do?
Please refer to the link Court Staff Can & Cannot.

How do I find out if someone is in jail?
You may call the Detention Center you suspect he/she is located or use the inmate search option on the Detention Center’s website.

The website for Lexington County Detention Center is and their phone number is 803-785-8230.

How do I reschedule or continue my court date?
You may contact the opposing party to determine if he/she consents to a continuance. Otherwise you may request a continuance in Court before the Judge.

Who do I speak to about if I am a victim of a crime scheduled for court?
Victim services are handled through the Town of Pine Ridge’s Victims Advocate. You may call them at (803) 755-2500 and ask for the Victim’s Advocate.

How do I get an attorney?
You have the right to hire your own attorney. If you cannot afford one, you may apply for a court-appointed attorney (must meet federal poverty guidelines,) at Clerk of Court, 2757 Fish Hatchery Road, West Columbia SC 29172. for indigency screening. This should be completed before your scheduled court date. Must also provide proof of income for the past 60 days.

Court employees will not recommend specific attorneys or law firms. You may contact the South Carolina Bar Association's free attorney referral service at (800) 868-2284.

How do I update my address with the court?
If you move or change your address, it is your responsibility to notify the court of your new address in writing. Notices of court dates will be sent to the address you have supplied the court. Please contact the Clerk of Court in person to change your address.