How To


 How can I obtain a copy of a police report?

Incident reports can be obtained in person by visiting the Pine Ridge Police Department at 2757 Fish Hatchery Road.

We will need to know the date of the incident and the name and date of birth of at least one person involved in the incident. Provide the incident number if known.(Fee may apply)

 How safe is my neighborhood?

Pine Ridge is known as one of the safest cities in South Carolina. However, crimes do occur.

The Pine Ridge Police Department recently implemented an online crime map for its residents. This service makes it easier for residents to keep track of crime in their area.

Pine Ridge residents can view crimes near their home, school, work or other area of interest. Citizens who use this online service will become aware of crime trends and can make more informed decisions regarding where they live, shop, play, send their kids to school and other important choices regarding their personal safety.

To view Pine Ridge online crime mapping system, click here

 How many officers does the Pine Ridge Police Department have?

The Pine Ridge PD has 3 sworn full-time police officers and is allotted positions for 7 sworn part-time officers. Our officers cover the 4 square miles that make up the Town of Pine Ridge.

 Are there any registered sex offenders in my neighborhood?

Residents can visit the South Carolina Sex Offender Registry, which is maintained by South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.

Upon clicking the link, you will be presented a list of all Registered Sex Offenders residing in South Carolina. Click on any individual name in the list to view their picture and conviction information. If you would like to know more about the person, there are links above and below the profile to request more information.

The information provided on this website is intended to be used for public safety and community awareness purposes only. Neither the Pine Ridge Police Department nor SLED have considered or assessed the specific risk of re-offense with regard to any individual prior to his or her inclusion on this website and has made no determination that any individual included on this website is currently dangerous. Individuals included on the web site are included solely by virtue of their conviction record and South Carolina state law. The primary purpose of providing this information is to make the information easily available and accessible, not to warn about any specific individual. Use of this information to threaten, intimidate, or harass any registrant or any other person may result in criminal prosecution.

 How do I report a crime or accident?

For EMERGENCIES (crime in progress, injured persons) dial 911.
For non-emergency calls, please dial 803-755-2521.

 What should I do if I get pulled over?

Whether you are stopped by a Pine Ridge Police Officer, a County Sheriff's Deputy, or a State Trooper, you can help to create a more professional atmosphere at the stop by cooperating. Here are a few things to remember:

  • Carry proper identification: a valid driver's license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance.
  • When being signaled by an officer to stop, pull over and position your vehicle as far out of the lane of travel as possible. Generally, pull off to the right side of the roadway where the shoulder is wider, unless otherwise directed.  
  • Never attempt to outrun the patrol vehicle or pretend not to see the lights or hear the siren. Stay in your vehicle unless told otherwise. Exit the vehicle slowly if asked to do so.
  • Remain calm. If there are passengers, also ask them to remain quiet and cooperate with instructions. Do not let anyone make statements or threatening motions to the officers.
  • It is recommended that you keep your hands in a visible location, such as the steering wheel, while the officer approaches. If it is night time, please turn on your interior light.
  • Finally, don't start rummaging through your back pocket for your wallet and license, or in your glove compartment for your registration, until the officer asks you for them. For all he knows, you could be reaching for a gun.

 Can I follow the PRPD on social media?

Yes! The Pine Ridge Police Department is on Facebook and Twitter.
Be sure to follow us for updates, crime bulletins, community events and important city notifications.

 How do I obtain/ claim my property which is in the custody of the Pine Ridge Police Department?

To claim property which has been recovered by (or turned over to) the Pine Ridge Police Department, you must contact us by phone at 803-755-2500.

Reminder: Please be sure to bring identification with you when you visit the PRPD to collect your property.